Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Snow Day!!

Today might just be one of the best days of the year. Not because I got my dream job...and not because somehow my thesis and academic work magically got completed overnight. No, today is so amazing because it's a SNOW DAY!! (You know, those 24 hours of bliss that you get once in a blue moon because the weather is too bad to go to school/work). A-MA-ZING! 

Today was especially awesome because it gave me some much needed recuperation time in a week where it's been "raining and pouring." Monday and Tuesday went something like: 6 am gym, 8:30 am class, 10:30 am work, 12:30 pm Office of Diversity program, 1:30 pm class, 3:30 pm more class/work, 5:30 pm exhausted, aching muscles, thoughts about lots of reading and scary econ homework...Then, yesterday evening, the Resident Community Advisors in Shattuck (this includes myself) organized a welcome back reception, which ended around 10:30 pm. Needless to say, today was pretty spectacular. 

So, in light of the impromptu holiday, I slept in till 10 am (which never happens!), did some shopping and laundry, and attempted another job application. I also enjoyed being a 5-star chef and watching a little bit of the "classic" High School Musical (which, I'm just saying, I think I should've been in). I also got to take my mind off of the negative energies in my life lately (including being called fat, failed job attempts, friends using me, denied references, and finding out that another pair of boots are no longer waterproof). Preparing for graduation is hard work! But days like today, every once in a while, really help. Now, if I could just get a full-body massage...

Everyone loves a snow day!
-(None other than ME!)

This was yesterday leading up to the big storm...

No comments:

Post a Comment