Sunday, February 13, 2011

Happy Weekend!!

I write to you with a smile on my face today because I have internet access. (Apparently, no one else in my building does...thank you wi-fi!).

Aside from that happy moment, I think I've actually reached a point of being overwhelmed. I mean, life is crazy, and so is keeping up! I can barely deal with 6 classes, thesis, and 25 hours of work, but add the planning for the upcoming African cultural showcase and you can see gray hair sprouting from my head! Ahh! (But, let me do a shout out - Karamu: An African Celebration - is coming to the Boston area via Kresge Cafeteria at 6 pm on Feb. 23; holler!).

Since I'm procrastinating a bit (just kidding - a lot a bit), I did want to share that while it seems that things haven't been the most upbeat lately, there are all sorts of fun and exciting activities happening around here! This past weekend started with my friend's 25th bday at a club called Gypsy, the first club I went to after moving to Boston! Saturday for me included a workout and some major grocery shopping, and then I took the rest of the day for myself to get some much needed R&R.

For the rest of my classmates, though, Saturday was the famous Winter Ball (a formal dance/"Prom" for HSPH students). I heard this years' was popping with a whopping 450 guests (at least!). Definitely a good way to interact with classmates in a non-academic environment.



(Unfortunately, this is the only pic I could scrounge up from FB...If anyone has more, please share)

My Sunday hasn't been anything to get excited about but the Grammy's will be starting really soon, so that's exciting. Also, the rest of this month is full of activities through school and Shattuck including:
  • A Hispanic Leadership Conference in Chicago this weekend (yay!!! Midwest represent)
  • Weekend ski trip
  • Karamu!!! (be there or be square)
  • Wine tasting
  • Potluck dinner
  • and the biggest career fair of the year! 
Good thing I got some rest this weekend; it's seems like I'll need all that I can get!

Life is like a coin. You can spend it any way you wish, but you only spend it once.
-From Lillian Dickson

No comments:

Post a Comment