Wednesday, March 16, 2011

You know you missed me: a ME update!

To my adoring fans and followers [i.e., Mom and Dad, if you even read this], I'm sure you're wondering why I've been so quiet of late. Well, stress has finally taken its toll on me! While most of my classmates finished midterms/finals last week, I'm still working to complete a paper. As people start thinking about what comes next, I'm trying to figure out how I can graduate and not spend one more unnecessary day here! *Sigh* I guess the moral of this year-and-a-little-more-than-a-half-long story is that I am not Superwoman. It is not humanly possible to take 7 classes including a thesis, work 3 jobs at 30+ hours/week, manage a team of inactive people as co-President of an organization, actively be involved in church, and remain sane (let alone have much of a social life). I tried to be Superwoman, and maybe I came close, but not quite. ;)


Over the last few weeks, I've had some very interesting, enlightening experiences that I do think are worth sharing. One of which was a weekend trip to the National Hispanic Leadership Conference in Chicago, which proved to be an informative and fun weekend! Another experience was coordinating "Karamu," the HSPH African and the Diaspora Cultural Show (though the experience was so frustrating and taxing that you may have to wait a while to hear more about that). And then there was one sad attempt to go out and meet my future husband at a social event (kind of joking; don't worry!)...

The thing is, I'm burnt out now and my positivity meter has dropped down to its last mercury levels. As I try to focus on my studies/thesis and try to pull through to the end, I want to ensure that you're still able to get some perspectives of life here without the "Debby Downer" (i.e., depressing) weekly updates that might come out of me for now. So, to make this blog more interactive, I've invited guest writers to provide an overview of their experience at HSPH each week. I've given them free reign to talk about "the good, the bad, and the ugly," so be prepared for honest opinions from students who have made it to the inside! Feel free to post comments and questions as always, and hopefully we'll be in touch again soon!!






1 comment:

  1. Hello

    I have been reading your blog about HSPH and it seems like an interesting place to be. I am a recently admitted students (very excited but scared at the same time).

    I am excited at all the opportunities that the school will provide them..

    ReplyDelete